Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Role Of Your Intentions In Shaping YOUR Future

The Role Of Your Intentions In Shaping YOUR Future

The word 'karma' has been given many negative meanings. In common language, most people almost always relate it to suffering, but the simplest meaning of 'karma' is action. Newton's Third Law of Physics (every action has an equal and opposite reaction) is a physical law of motion. The Law of 'Karma' is the metaphysical (non-physical) equivalent of the Newton's Third Law - it refers to action and its result (fruit) or, simply, cause and effect.

The quality of my actions, thoughts more specifically determines my personal level of happiness. Our natures today are the result of everything we have thought; they are formed by our thoughts.

It's not so much the act that determines the return or fruit but the quality of the motive or intention behind it e.g. in the simple task of buying a new car, the intention can be different in the case of three different people:

* I need to buy a good car; it's an urgent need of my family. (concern)
* What if I am not able to buy that car model which my wife so badly wants? (worry)
* With me at the wheel of the brand new car, which I will be buying soon, I will be the talk of the town, my office colleagues will really be jealous of me! (ego)
* I need a car as I want to travel all family members together and wanted to see the happiness of my wife & children (love / happiness)


Some people go to the temple, church or mosque and pray for more wealth. They go to holy men for fear of losing their wealth. They study religion with the intention of acquiring more wealth. Some of them even make GOD their shareholder in business, offering a certain percentage of profit to the temple or church with an intention of getting better business!

It is the depth of our intention that matters & the fruit of the Karma depends on our intention.

No comments:

Post a Comment