Search This Blog

Monday, October 3, 2011

Just living is not enough

Just living is not enough.  One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.  

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." 


The purpose of life is a life of purpose.  

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world.  This makes it hard to plan the day. 

Life is simple, it's just not easy.  

A life without cause is a life without effect. 

Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished.  If you're alive, it isn't. 

Life is not always fair.  Sometimes you get a splinter even sliding down a rainbow. 

The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. 

I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it. 

Life is a foreign language:  all men mispronounce it. 
 
Forgive, O Lord, my little jokes on Thee, And I'll forgive Thy great big one on me.


In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular.  

To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else. 

Yes, I will try to be.  Because I believe that not being is arrogant.

Life is the hyphen between matter and spirit. 
My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot. 

I say, if your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.

You fall out of your mother's womb, you crawl across open country under fire, and drop into your grave. 

As we struggle to make sense of things, life looks on in repose. 

I think I've discovered the secret of life - you just hang around until you get used to it.  

Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets. 

Life is like a blanket too short.  You pull it up and your toes rebel, you yank it down and shivers meander about your shoulder; but cheerful folks manage to draw their knees up and pass a very comfortable night. 

Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while.

You can't escape history, or the needs and neuroses you've picked up like layers and layers of tartar on your teeth.  

Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can.  


I have a simple philosophy:  Fill what's empty.  Empty what's full.  Scratch where it itches. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment